A quick puzzle for the all the math freaks out there:)

Started by
13 comments, last by Thermodynamics 17 years, 2 months ago
I guess nobody is trying to continue where I left and everyone is going back to interpreting this as some sequence of strings of zeros and ones whose length happens to be Fibonacci. Let me make the case that what I found is not a coincidence.

* The total number of bits is a multiple of 8.
* If you divide the bits in groups of 8, the first bit in every single group is a 0. This would happen when you encode any text in binary, since the standard ASCII only uses 7 bits.
* The pattern "00001101" "00001010" represents a carriage return and a new line, which is how the end of line is represented in Windows, and it appears 19 times.
* All the other blocks of 8 bits are reasonable characters from a small set: lowercase letters, the digits '5' and '6' and the character ':', appearing at the beginning of most lines, and only there.

This is NOT a coincidence. Now you can continue trying to find some generating rule if you want. :)
Advertisement
the numbers do appear to be ascii, but that fincabii thing is more that just coincidence. The last number being 30 is wrong and this number must be used somehow to make sense of the ascii thing!

Or at least i think so!
Actually, the ascii argument convinces me. The other observation has no leads and could be a red herring. Now let's see how to modify the string with the 30 bit string... :-)

I had hoped that all it was was that the last number was not 30 at all, and that the post had reached its maximum width and gone onto the next line.

But it hasn't. Oh well... :ƒ
if you search for the string (taken at random):
you will find it reoccuring in a interesting pattern. There is something going on in the way things repeat.
[s]I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.[/s]I am a signature anti-virus. Please use me to remove your signature virus.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement