• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Spippo

Looking for a good tutorial

This topic is 4222 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm looking for a good tutorial to draw a horse for a game. I want a horse in 4 directions (up, left, right, down). Also 4 or 5 different positions, so that i can make it walk in a certain direction by switching through the positions. Anyone knows a good tutorial where it's shown how to draw a horse like that? In Photoshop, or even a 3D program like 3DS MAX or Blender? Thanks Something like this, but nicer quality and no men:

Advertisement

Well it has a rider, but, this is a gif combining Muybridge's famous still photographs analyzing how the horse gallops. Just google Muybridge or look for his books at a nearby library. Also try googling horse animation or unicorn animation, find one that looks nice, and disassemble the gif into frames to see how to emulate them. Don't forget that you don't need all 4 directions - just flip one set of images to get the opposite direction.

OK, thanks, that will help me to start.
But the flipping only works for left-right, not for up-down.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!