• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BUnzaga

Where to go from here...?

This topic is 4336 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I have been doing as much research as I can on game concepts, and development, modelling, etc. I only have about 6 months of experience in total. I have been working with a web-based 3d engine IDE called DX Studio. It uses javascript for its scripting language, and has done great so far, but I feel like it might be time for me to move on. I created a tetris clone, and have several 'demo' projects which just focus on a spacific aspect of game design, such as character control, inventory, quest system, camera control, etc. I created a flocking document following the origonal creators psuedo code, and converted it to the DX Studio script. Also some real basic AI switches, etc. I would stick with DX Studio, but it seems like its lacking speed, and the real basic features such as scroll bars, slider buttons, basic GUI features, etc. I want to spend my time programming a game, not programming the functionality of a slider bar, or algorithms for keyboard input, etc. So my question is, where should I go from here? I have visual c# Express, and the SQL package that comes with the free download, but no experience with either of them. I would like to eventually get a job in game development, I am more into the programming side then the art side. What is a good (free) engine to use with c# express that I can get into? What is a good book, or website with tutorials that I can read and lear how to use c#? Should I just stick with DX Studio? Thanks for any info. Brett www.BUnzaga.com

Advertisement
Ive already got that, I actually signed up for the beta, but I have no idea how to use it, or what it is exactly...

I watched a video about it, and from what I understood, it automates a lot of the game coding process, making it faster to 'fill in the spots' of common code areas.

I guess I should have been a little more dexcriptive with my end results... I want to work toward online gaming, some multi-user games, smaller scale though, not massive multiplayer. Sort of like a battlenet type concept.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!