• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

DX10 and C++

This topic is 4042 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Forgive me but I am sure this has been asked and its been 6 months since I been lurking around the DX forum but will DX10 have C++ support or is it MDX only? I just put together a new system with 8800 and would like to play around with Dx10 vs. GL. thanks

Advertisement
Yes. Direct3D 10 can be programmed with C++ (or C).

The DirectX 9 SDK already contains the samples, headers, libraries and documentation you need to started with D3D10. [smile]

As of now I am waiting for my new system to get here, so I can't DL the latest SDK, but does DX10 still have .x files support or did they move onto something new for models and animations file formats with DX10? BTW anyone know of any upcoming books with DX10 for game programming?

Native is still king.

In fact, managed support for DX10 is nonexistent. There's an open source project that might be vaguely functional, and MS hasn't announced anything.

Quote:
Original post by MARS_999
As of now I am waiting for my new system to get here, so I can't DL the latest SDK, but does DX10 still have .x files support or did they move onto something new for models and animations file formats with DX10?

There really is much along the lines of D3DX10 yet, but I hopefully that gets built up over time (just like D3DX9).

Quote:
In fact, managed support for DX10 is nonexistent. There's an open source project that might be vaguely functional, and MS hasn't announced anything.

I think that this is it.

Hey, I heard somewhere MDX was axed in favor of XNA. Is that true? If so, then is there going to be support for MDX in DX10? Or was it axed only for DX9?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement