• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Deliverance

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 & auxDIBImageLoadW

This topic is 4224 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, I have just installed VS2005 and the first function I called was auxDIBImageLoad, now that was bad luck, because VS2005 does not seem to like it... no, not at all. Here's what it says: error C2664: 'auxDIBImageLoadW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char [12]' to 'LPCWSTR' :) Why ? and one more thing: I can't stop the deprecated messages "To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE", how?!

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Deliverance
error C2664: 'auxDIBImageLoadW' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const char [12]' to 'LPCWSTR'
This is because you are using Unicode. The thread here provides a solution to your problem.
Quote:
Original post by DeliveranceI can't stop the deprecated messages
"To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE", how?!
First off, you're getting that message because you're not using all the new secure functions Microsoft is now trying to enforce. These "secure" functions usually end with _s at the end of the usual function name. For example, fopen() has become fopen_s(). My first advice would thus be to update your code to use the new secure functions.

If you don't want to do that, though, go to your project's properties and then to Configuration Properties -> C/C++ -> Command Line, and then in the Additional Options textbox add this:

/D "_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE"

Should suppress the errors. If not, you may also need to define _CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE depending on the functions you're using. For more help, see the MSDN thread regarding this issue here.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!