• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Nathaal

My first most newbish question (please don't laugh)

This topic is 4218 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So I'm just begining to learn how to program. I'm learning C# through SetFocus (a school that has a lengthy thread around here somewhere) using Microsoft Official Course: Master's Program Introduction to C#, Programming with MS.NET. I just finished the first week. I'm not gonna bore you with any more of these details, just understand how far away from making a game I am. What I wanted to do was download an opensouce game and look at the code in it just to try to put in perspective some of the things I've learned so far (which for the most part has just been syntax and the basic function of most keywords). So I Downloaded Battle for Wesnoth (actually, I DLed this a long time ago). Now the part that I am embarassed to ask. How do I view the code that is used to make this game? I've seen a few places that define some values for a given character and such, but that can't be the whole thing. I appologize for the newbish nature of this question and thank you for any help. I promise I'll make it up to you...(nothing like an empty promise made accross the internet on a message board, is there?)

Advertisement
WAIT...my bad, I found it.

So sorry, I looked and looked, but couldn't find it until minutes after I asked the question. Wouldn't it just figure?

Quote:
Original post by Nathaal
WAIT...my bad, I found it.

So sorry, I looked and looked, but couldn't find it until minutes after I asked the question. Wouldn't it just figure?

Hehe. Happens to the best of us. ;)

That actually happens to me a lot. In fact it happens so much, I came up with this BRILLIANT new idea to write down my ideas before I start to code it. :p

Its funny but its true. Ive never been one to use flowcharts, or 'show my work', but I swear to you from experience, if you write stuff down, even on a message board, for some reason the answer will just pop into your head, maybe because it helps you put things in logical order or get a broad perspective of the problem.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!