• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Point smooth with vertex arrays problem

This topic is 4039 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In short, it doesn't seem to work. In long, point smooth seemed to work fine while using display lists, however for many varying reasons I felt I needed something a bit more powerful. Upon finishing off my brand new shiney vertex arrays I was disappointed to discover that my points had begun to show as big blocky squares rather than nice little smoothed things. Does anybody know if it does work and I'm doing it wrong, or is it just one of those things that just doesn't work? I can post some (python) code if required. EDIT: To clarify I'm talking about the GL_POINT_SMOOTH enum enabled using glEnable(GL_POINT_SMOOTH). It usually makes the points generated by GL_POINTS smooth, but it ain't.

Advertisement
I am not sure why the points are not smooth in your program. Switching DL to VA does not affect the smoothness of points.

There is a glHint() to specify the degree of quality;
glHint(GL_POINT_SMOOTH_HINT, GL_NICEST);

I doubt it will resolve the problem (Mine is okay without glHint()), but why don't you try it first. [smile]

Thanks! Your reassurance that it worked made me persevere a bit more.

Turns out I was disabling point smooth at the end of the function. Vertex arrays don't seem to like this, while the display lists had no problem with it.

Works lovely now!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement