• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Creating a zombie game

This topic is 4041 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. I am completely new to this entire thing, so please excuse me if I come off as unclear. I want to make a zombie game. It would take place in a mall, and the object of the game is to run around, kill zombies and create barricades, much like the game called Dead Rising for the Xbox 360. In fact, I was inspired by that game to do this. I have a few questions: -Where do I get started? I have some simple ideas down for this game, but until I know what program to work with and what I can actually produce on my own, I won't be able to get every single detail worked out. -What programs do I need to look into? I only have the Macromedia Studio MX kit, and at school I have access to 3ds Max. -Would it be possible for me to produce such a game on my own? Would I have to get a team of people together online and have them work on it as well? This game is just for fun and I definitely don't want to make any money off it or anything. I'm just interested in making a game like this, mostly for personal enjoyment. Thanks, mjnichols

Advertisement
You will at least need a programmer (can be you ofcource, but you'll likely need someone with pretty much experience). Probably a team, depends on the size of your goal really. First thing I'd recommend you to do is to write down you idea in as much detail as you can. That step is REALLY important if you want to succeed in my experience.

To create games, you program them, and most people use Microsofts Visual Studio for that (free version exists, called express edition).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement