running the directx samples from another directory

Started by
-1 comments, last by faa 17 years, 2 months ago
hii... i m using directx 9(june 2006) with visual studio 2005. i need to run a directx sample application(ie. copy the all the files of a sample project say HDRPipeline to d:\) and then compile it and run it. i ve already included the follwing in tools->options->vc++ directories->include files C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2006)\Samples\C++\Common C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2006)\Include and in tools->options->vc++ directories->Library files C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2006)\Lib\x86 i m getting the following message whenever i build it : 1>------ Build started: Project: HDRPipeline, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ 1>Compiling... 1>DXUT.cpp 1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\common\DXUT.cpp': No such file or directory 1>Build log was saved at "file://f:\faatry1\HDRPipeline\Debug\BuildLog.htm" 1>HDRPipeline - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== please reply.. thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement