A serious hurdle

Started by
17 comments, last by password 17 years, 2 months ago
Pah, coffee is overrated. Tea (there's usually some caffeine in that too), or cola ftw [lol]
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by CTar
You have got something completely wrong. The whole software industry, at least the programming side, is built upon a love for caffeine, not coffee itself. At some point developers figured that some liked coffee and others liked soft drinks. Of course they couldn't work together, and split into two groups. The serious adults who drank coffee like all other adults; they did the serious work. While the people who didn't like to be viewed as adults and instead drank children's drinks, soft drinks, chose to do entertainment and founded the game development industry. Java and C++ are serious languages, aimed at coffee-drinkers. Java force you to use OO, because that is what serious developers do, they don't code procedurally or functionally. C++ is, according to its creator, a general-purpose language with a bias towards system programming.

And as you might guess, I don't like coffee either.

I like both soft drinks and coffee though. I wonder what that'd make me - a superprogrammer with best of both worlds or an inferior programmer with all the bad sides from both worlds? :P

I do not drink coffee, I rarely drink soda and then only ones without caffenee. I stay awake for countless hours on end just becuase I am obsessive, not becuase of stimulents.

theTroll
Clearly the answer is cocaine! Dentists use, try and steal some!

[/joke]
I wouldn't worry about it. I used to drink obscene amounts of coffee, cola and other crap, and all it did for me was totally screw up my sleep cycle. Now I just stick to boring stuff like water or milk, and I still stay awake 16-24 hours a day no problem.

You could always just drink it anyways =]
http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/ [grin]
This space for rent.
A cup of Twinnings Earl Grey gets me through my work just fine.
The way i see it, if you don't like coffee you have 2 other options. The first is cola/mountain dew. it's loaded with sugar, but it's has enough cafeeine to keep you going. My second suggestion would be tea. it's a good alterantive for thoes who try to aviod too much sugar. A cupple cups of tea gets me going just as good as coffee. Although is seems to wear off sooner. tea doesn't agree with me though. it often makes me nauseated and rarely makes me vomit. (i think my stomach doesn't like the acidity or bitterness of tea.) so i tend to stick with dark roasted coffee.

The only reason i even need caffeine to begin with is because the more tired i become the harded it is to ignore and focus on what i need to. some people can focus just as good with a fresh mind as a tired one. clearly i'm not one of thoes lucky few.
I assume this is about caffeine and staying up all night, this is my view on this..

An alternative is simply: don't stay up all night and risk your own health by trying to earn some time when you only have to take it back later by sleeping all day. Continue next day instead, you can't think clearly anyways if you're forcing yourself to stay up.

Suppose you want to stay up for 444 hours, it's not really hard to do it without caffeine, until you collapse and die which is inevitable in the end. btw, I don't like coffee either, it's terrible :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement