• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Executable file becomes embed.manifest

This topic is 4044 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been looking over most of the Lessons and got them working through Visual C++. Then I also played around and made afew changes to them and they are able to compile and run fine. But for a few of them such as Lesson 25, when I compile and run it, the exe file comes out as "Lesson25.exe.embed.manifest'. How do I change this? Any help would be great, thanks.

Advertisement
The .manifest file is generated by the compiler along with the .exe, but doesn't replace the .exe. Perhaps the .exe is ending up somewhere else?

No I have each lesson in a folder such as folder "Lesson25" and then within that folder there is the project file along with the cpp file. When I compile and execute this project it creates a 'Debug' folder in the 'Lesson25' folder. Usually for the other lessons the exe file in within the Debug folder but for some of them, such as lesson 25 there is a 'exe.embed.manifest' produced instead.

How do I change to just produce a exe file?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement