• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

help im new to game creation

This topic is 4043 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

helllo all! i am new to game creation and i wouldnt know where to begin :( i have previously used a program called fps creator but it had basic 3d grapics, took forever to load, had unsucessful final game compliling and had lack of menu features! so overall it wasnt that good although the new direct x 10 version look amaysing! anyway I would like to create a grand theft auto style game with online features (wont go into detail :P ) but i dont know where to begin :( i would really really apriciate it if someone would brief me on where to begin, how to make edit and compile ect. i really really want to make a game so any help is apriciated :D

Advertisement
Wow , wait :D

You are going fast.Could you tell us in detail a little what is your programming background , which languages do you know how to program into e.t.c.
Any other skills related to game developing you might have?Like , artist , graphics , music/sound e.t.c.
I would suggest looking at this , it is the beginner's section of the site.If you have any other questions post them in here and me and/or other member's of the community will try to answer them to the best of our abilities.

You should begin by learning programming from the ground up, so that you have a solid understanding of how everything works together and how to write the best code. You also need a good grounding in maths and physics if you're going to create realistic games.

Then you should choose whether you are creating this game for PC, Xbox etc. and learn about the platform you have chosen and start creating your game based on the SDKs available for that platform.

You should probably get a team together of artists, sound effects people, level editors, gameplay experts, programmers and testers. Not forgetting to spell check all your on-screen dialog for the game ;)

Then you can put all of this together and create your Grand Theft Auto style game. It's going to take some time though so don't get disheartened part way through.

oo thanks so far guys! i have no (or little) knolage about programming but i am winning to learn! i know the basics or a little advanced on how games work and how os's run ect.
i am good at art skills ect making music for games ect i have lots of talents so i would love to make a game gta style :D
please advise me thurther :D if i should learn programming can you please tell me the spesific launguage and any recorces would be apriciated :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement