How to rotate a sprite using D3DXSprite

Started by
5 comments, last by kingpinzs 17 years, 2 months ago
How can I rotate a sprite using D3DXSprite?
Advertisement
ID3DXSprite::SetTransform() allows you to specify a matrix to use as the sprite's world transform matrix.

To generate this matrix, use the D3DX function D3DXMatrixTransformation().
NextWar: The Quest for Earth available now for Windows Phone 7.
If I am using the same sprite handler
//sprite handler
LPD3DXSPRITE sprite_handler;

will D3DXMatrixTransformation2D() take affect on both of them or just one?
ID3DXSprite::SetTransform() will use the specified matrix for every ID3DXSprite::Draw() until SetTransform called again.
Quote:Original post by Sc4Freak
ID3DXSprite::SetTransform() will use the specified matrix for every ID3DXSprite::Draw() until SetTransform called again.

I tryed it.

if (d3ddev->BeginScene())    {        //erase the entire background        d3ddev->StretchRect(back, NULL, backbuffer, NULL, D3DTEXF_NONE);        //start sprite handler        sprite_handler->Begin(D3DXSPRITE_ALPHABLEND);        //draw the ball        position.x = 40;//(float)ball.x;        position.y = 100;//(float)ball.y;        sprite_handler->Draw(            ball_image,            NULL,            NULL,            &position,            D3DCOLOR_XRGB(255,255,255));         // Texture being used is 64 by 64:          D3DXVECTOR2 spriteCentre=D3DXVECTOR2(45.0f,13.5f);        // Screen position of the sprite           D3DXVECTOR2 trans=D3DXVECTOR2(550.0f,200.0f);        // Rotate based on the time passed           float rotation=4.7;        // Build our matrix to rotate, scale and position our sprite           D3DXMATRIX mat;            D3DXVECTOR2 scaling(1.0f,1.0f);// out, scaling centre, scaling rotation, scaling, rotation centre, rotation, translationD3DXMatrixTransformation2D(&mat,NULL,0.0,&scaling,&spriteCentre,rotation,&trans);           // Tell the sprite about the matrix          sprite_handler->SetTransform(&mat);        sprite_handler->Draw(            paddle_image,            NULL,            NULL,            NULL,            D3DCOLOR_XRGB(255,255,255));        //stop drawing        sprite_handler->End();        //stop rendering        d3ddev->EndScene();    }    //display the back buffer on the screen    d3ddev->Present(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL);

so when I use SetTransform it changes all the sprites not just one that I want it to change.

How can I fix that?
Just before drawing your ball, try setting an identity matrix in SetTransform.
Quote:Original post by Sc4Freak
Just before drawing your ball, try setting an identity matrix in SetTransform.

Doing that fixed the issue thanks for your help.
Just incase your wondering this is how I did it.

D3DXMATRIX mat;
D3DXMatrixIdentity(&mat);
sprite_handler->SetTransform(&mat);

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement