MFC won't let you create more than 10K objects

Started by
23 comments, last by Emmanuel Deloget 17 years, 2 months ago
sorry for appearing as a joke thread.

I have already agreed with pavyne to implement my own messaging. I am just trying to learn by posting here. Without that I don't know if I would take this path...
Advertisement
This definately goes in the "you have got to be kidding me" pile.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Quote:Original post by doanwon...Rewriting OS was a thought because I have a SAMS book with CD codes ready...

Thank God _I_ wasn't drinking a latte!
Seriously, do you know how say, a spreadsheet program is implemented? You don't think it has one editbox per grid cell do you?! Hell No! It uses tricks to make you think that it does. You simply need to learn the same kind of tricks.
"In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."
My website dedicated to sorting algorithms
Quote:Original post by doanwon
thanks...

you are right, what I am trying to do is not what the OS was desined for.

I think I need to write my own OS for what I am doing.

(edited) It's serious! Not intend to make you spill cofee.

No offense intended, but do you understand what you wrote? You want to write another OS because Windows can't handle more than the 10K controls of your program?

Are you really serious? Are you really ready to spend 5 years to write a complete graphical OS just to be able to create 10k+ controls in ONE program?

Can't you just find another scheme to store your controls? You are obviously not displaying 10k controls (that would be a massive and unusable UI), so why can't you just find a way to create the controls you need when you need them, and destroy those which are no more visible?

UI objects are used to display controls, not to search or do whatever you want with them. They are a way to interact with a user. I personnally think you misunderstood something about UI programming - and I mean, something quite serious.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement