• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Windows Forms and directx Render window

This topic is 4042 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a silly problem that might be an old school win32 question, but maybe some of you have some sort of an idea of what is going on. I have an application that uses framework 2.0 with windows forms and August 2006 directx sdk. Problem: Whenever the render target window is visible, all dialogs (save confirmations, window message boxes, etc) open behind the main window. example and hacky solution: Saving a file: Save Dialog opens up in front of the main window like normal, but if I goto overwrite a file, the confirmation window is hiding behind the main window and I need to hit alt for it to come to the front. This does not happen if I set the visability of the render window to false right before opening the save dialog and then set it back to visible after the save is done. I hate having to fix it this way...anybody have any clue on what is going on? I have messed with all TopMost properties and other permutations of properties to fix the issue with no success.

Advertisement
Fixed.

Solution:

- Disable direct3d rendering on the target
- Show/open dialogs/message windows
- Enable rendering

On each frame of the rendering function was an invalidate call which I believe was causing the child and its parent(the main window) to take topmost control.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement