• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

DirectSetup Custom Install EULA Requirements

This topic is 4037 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello All, I am having trouble pin pointing the exact when it is required to display the DirectX End User EULA when using the DirectSetup library to install the directx 9.0c dlls. I will be requiring 9.0c to be previously installed and will be only installing the required dlls for my application. I cannot seem to find the truth behind whether or not I have to display the EULA for this process. Their DXInstall example does not even show a EULA. This page: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb174600.aspx which describes the process of using DirectSetup to install DirectX components does not explicitly state that you must show a EULA. It says follow the license agreements for redistributable code which only states this: DirectX Software Development Kit Redistributable Code ------------------------------------------------------------- Redistributable Code is identified as all of the files in the following "Redist" directory on the DirectX SDK CD/Download: redist/ The following files in the above directory must be included in any distribution of the DirectX Runtime. DSetup32.dll DSetup.dll DXSetup.exe DXupdate.cab dxdllreg_x86.cab Can someone confirm this for me please? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
If you follow the conventions of the DXInstall sample, you should be ok. To be honest, I doubt that anyone is gonna get worked up about you not showing a EULA (if there is even one to begin with).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement