Help - PYTHON

Started by
7 comments, last by katum_mite 17 years, 2 months ago
Hello, i started using python. and downloading activestatepython. I also got a tutorial, but im completely lost, the tutorial doesnt explain anything. I have no clue wat its talking about and its not running how the tutorial is showing. Please link to me a site with an easy, Step by Step tutorial, and even an easy to use version of python, thanks alot.
Advertisement
Hi. I typed in "python beginner" into google and it looks like it has a lot of great resources. I don't have a specific one to recommend though.

One thing I can say is don't get frustrated in the beginning, that is often the hardest. Just have some patience, which can be hard when you are bashing your head for days trying to get the compiler to work.

And if you need help, be as specific and detailed as possible.

Good luck!
python.org has a number of good resources for learning Python.

Personally I've only used the official Python interpreter from python.org, so I have no idea what the differences are (if any) with ActiveState.
Ra
Yeah even though python is one of the easier languages compared to say c,c++,etc it's lack of ide and arcane command line is enough to scare off newbies raised on windows gui's. Yes, believe it or not there are alot of computer users that have never seen a DOS box or even run a command prompt from windows!

Anyways this should get you up and running at least.
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Well, Im starting Python as well, and Im using this tutorial. . .

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Non-Programmer%27s_Tutorial_for_Python

Its really simplistic, and very easy to understand. If you have trouble installing, or running Python, or have any other problems, just PM me.

Google is a friend.
Quote:Original post by daviangel
Yeah even though python is one of the easier languages compared to say c,c++,etc it's lack of ide and arcane command line is enough to scare off newbies raised on windows gui's. Yes, believe it or not there are alot of computer users that have never seen a DOS box or even run a command prompt from windows!

Anyways this should get you up and running at least.

I had a friend tell me about this, thank you for linking it! I can finally buckle down and learn this stuff...

thanks for the replies =D
and i've used DOS and cmd and run and stuff, i played a game that had to be used in DOS, good times, good times...
Quote:Original post by Ra
Personally I've only used the official Python interpreter from python.org, so I have no idea what the differences are (if any) with ActiveState.

ActiveState includes win32all and a few other extra libraries. That's it.
Just to clarify, Python does come with an "IDE".
It's called IDLE if you didn't know.

(Sorry, I'm just a person who likes everything correct and tidy)

EDIT: Great I have to edit my message that was supposed to correct something else!

[Edited by - katum_mite on February 1, 2007 5:58:56 AM]
If practice makes perfect and nobody's perfect, why practice?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement