• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mastrgamr

C++ noobie

This topic is 4218 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok just to let people know (and its quite obvious) im a complete newbie to C++. With that said i was wondering what is the best compiler for the language (free only plz). im currently learning classes and arrays and wanna create my own text game from scratch. i currently use both Dev C++ and borland compilers. can some1 list some compilers. or just tell right off te back the best C++ compiler. THX 4 reading!

Advertisement
Microsoft's Visual C++ 2005 Express is available for free download on their main website. It has a lot of nice GUI features and is used by many, so if you have problems with it, you'll find help fairly easily.

DevC++ is very nice too , but as the above poster mentioned for things like a text game the Visual C++ 2005 Express would do the job nicely since it is available for free too :)

just for you to know :p

dev-cpp and borland aren't compilers, they are development IDEs ;)
gcc and MinGW are compilers.

But as you speaking of IDEs, I like Dev-Cpp and code::blocks.

-Inestical, the totally random dude

P.S. C::B is very great program, and my friend and other random dudes/dudettes told me about it. I'm glad they did.

Quote:

dev-cpp and borland aren't compilers, they are development IDEs ;)

Actually, technically Borland is a company that produced (or still produces?) compiler IDEs.

I would suggest either DevC++ or MSVC++ Express (as others also suggested).

Quote:
Original post by mastrgamr
Ok just to let people know (and its quite obvious) im a complete newbie to C++. With that said i was wondering what is the best compiler for the language (free only plz). im currently learning classes and arrays and wanna create my own text game from scratch. i currently use both Dev C++ and borland compilers. can some1 list some compilers. or just tell right off te back the best C++ compiler.

THX 4 reading!

And, for your next post, thanks for writing correct English sentences, with real words (some1? THX? 4? plz?). This is a forum, not a SMS chat room. You have the time to write these words, so use it.

Quote:
Original post by Emmanuel Deloget
Quote:
Original post by mastrgamr
Ok just to let people know (and its quite obvious) im a complete newbie to C++. With that said i was wondering what is the best compiler for the language (free only plz). im currently learning classes and arrays and wanna create my own text game from scratch. i currently use both Dev C++ and borland compilers. can some1 list some compilers. or just tell right off te back the best C++ compiler.

THX 4 reading!

And, for your next post, thanks for writing correct English sentences, with real words (some1? THX? 4? plz?). This is a forum, not a SMS chat room. You have the time to write these words, so use it.

lol... what can i say bad habbit

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!