• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Frustrated but Hopeful

need isometric map editor exports to .map files

This topic is 4256 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I read a lot of post in this forum, and downloaded a lot of things to try out, but I can't find anything that does what I want it to. A lot of the best links, are alas, dead links. What is the most advanced free isometric game editor that there is? Something where you pick the size of things, and lay them out on a grid, and then save it all to a .map file. If anyone knows, please respond. I'd like to be able to save additional information to the .map file as well, if possible.

Advertisement
Well, your description is pretty sparse, but I would guess that Mappy would meet your needs. The site is down for being over its bandwidth limit currently, but it is at http://www.tilemap.co.uk/mappy.php

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!