• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
chadsxe

Looking for Compiler/interpreter resources....

This topic is 4335 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So I have been reading "Writing Compilers and Interpreters (Mak)" for a while now and it is not all clicking for me. Does anyone know of an additonal online resources that would supplement this book? I guess basically I am looking for some good web-sites on compilers and interpretes. Thanks Chad

Advertisement
You can try reading this:
http://compilers.iecc.com/crenshaw/
Its imho essential reading when you first start researching this topic. Also if your interested in using flex/bison (or lex/yacc) then you can look at the flipcode scripting tutorials http://www.flipcode.com/articles/scripting_issue01.shtml.
Also when you talk to anyone about compiler design, the book 'Compilers: principles, techniques and tools' will always come into the conversation its arguably the best book on the subject, but I found it quite full on when I started to think about writing a compiler.

Finally, just keep at it just off of an interest in compiler design I have picked up many other general programming skills, its certainly made me a better coder.

What is weird to me (more so I just don't know better) is that almost every source I find is really old. I guess that has to do with things not changing that much in regards to compilers and interpreters.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!