• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
zhaoxinyu

Help : ProcessVertices()

This topic is 4160 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

HRESULT ProcessVertices( UINT SrcStartIndex, UINT DestIndex, UINT VertexCount, IDirect3DVertexBuffer9 *pDestBuffer, IDirect3DVertexDeclaration9* pVertexDecl, DWORD Flags ); I am a newbie for D3D. Could anyone tell me what this function is for, when I should use it. Better with an sample code thanks.

Advertisement
[google] is your friend - admittedly I know roughly what I'm looking for, but running a quick search on "ProcessVertices" yielded several good results.

Quote:
From the first result returned by Google:

7. When should I use ProcessVertices?
Don’t use it for anything that you’re going to draw! The typical use for ProcessVertices is to transform data which is used for bounding box tests or other tests for which the CPU needs access to post-transform data. If you are using a HAL (and not a T&L HAL) you need to use this for multi-pass effects to avoid repeatedly transforming the vertices.

8. Where does ProcessVertices take place?
Always on the CPU, never on the graphics card. No exceptions.

I believe that answers your question. The SDK documentation should give you all the details you need in order to use it correctly.

Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!