Zbrush and 3ds max8

Started by
9 comments, last by glassflakes 17 years, 2 months ago
Ok so I made an object in 3ds max 8 and i imported it as a tool to zbrush and i textured it and now i can't figure out how to get it back into 3ds max. and can i make the opacity in zbrush as well or only in 3ds max and if i can only do it in 3ds max how do i export it to my network so that someone else can grab it from the folder with the textures and materials and add it to the programing for the game? please please someone help me, i'm so lost. I can't find anything in the tutorials i've been reading and it is so frustrating, i'm sitting here pulling out my hair trying to figure it all out. any help will be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Export it as an obj and import it into 3dsmax.
-------------www.robg3d.com
it won't let me pick an .obj
Export, not Save Tool.
I didn't save tool. I used the tool to make the texture, and then when i clicked on the texture button and hit export it didn't have the option to use obj. it actually opened with photoshop and it was greyscale. So i changed it to RGB color, and then i tried to export that but again it wouldn't let me export as obj. I didn't expect it to go into photoshop. I'm so confused lol..
Alright I have no idea what you are talking about. Please refer to some simple Zbrush tutorials... what you are doing is quite basic, and I am confused why you can't figure it out. So confused I don't know where to begin explaining. Seriously, try helping yourself, you'll remember better that way.
you cant export a texture to obj....
obj is a 3d file format.
if you want to save the texture use tga format or something(you may need to flip the texture-horizontally or vertically to show up correctly)
i think he is refering to the texture coloring tool in zbruish, it is used to give your models created in zbrush a diffuse. however i am new to zbrush and never used that tool, but i don't think you can export out a texture map from what you painted, i think its a "in zbrush only" type feature.
it would help you more to simply make your basic model in 3ds max, export and then import into zbrush, subdivide, paint in your details, export as .obj, import into 3ds max and then unwrap then generate normal maps, and finally use that as a guide for texturing the diffuse. if you want paint tools for 3ds max for the diffuse that are similar to zbrushes, checkout deep paint uv (i believe that is its name). it cost a lot but it is worth it... although i am sure you are already using a pirated version of 3ds max and zbrush so that probably won't be a problem...
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Quote:Original post by Jarrod1937
i think he is refering to the texture painting tool ( projection master ) in zbruish, it is used to give your models created in zbrush a diffuse. however i am new to zbrush and never used that tool, but i don't think you can export out a texture map from what you painted, i think its a "in zbrush only" type feature.

You can export your texture maps as .bmp or .psd files from zbrush. Here's my workflow maybe it helps:

- base low poly model in max (you can also unwrap your model since .obj files keep the data)
- export as .obj ( see zbrushcentral forums for exporting to .obj correctly )
- import the .obj file to zbrush as a tool
- detail and paint the textures in zbrush (not just diffuse, specular, bump, you name it. I painted hair distrubition and length maps in zbrush before)
-export your texture/s as .bmp files
-export your model as .obj
-import back to max

I hope that was helpful.

also .obj is a 3d file format and you can not export your textures as an .obj file.
Quote:Original post by glassflakes
Quote:Original post by Jarrod1937
i think he is refering to the texture painting tool ( projection master ) in zbruish, it is used to give your models created in zbrush a diffuse. however i am new to zbrush and never used that tool, but i don't think you can export out a texture map from what you painted, i think its a "in zbrush only" type feature.

You can export your texture maps as .bmp or .psd files from zbrush.

well thats interesting, i should mess around a bit more with that feature then.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement