• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
deadimp

[web] HTML - Open File Dialog - Multiple file select

This topic is 4157 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do you enable an open file dialog, with an <input type="file"> element, so that it allows multiple files to be selected in the dialog? Is this possible? I'm not looking for the javascript/Java/Flash alternatives, though. [Rushed post]

Advertisement
Put simply, no this is not possible. To accomplish this, you'll need some of the trickery you metioned. Sorry :(

Meh...
And the problem with a simple javascript method is, on both Firefox and IE6, when I augment the
containing the fields, it clears out all entered data.
Yeah...

I would say that, honestly, flash is the best option for anything but the most trivial of file uploads. Customizing the appearance of the file upload control in html is exceedingly limited on top of its other issues. I'm by no means a flash developer, just a tinkerer, and I was able to get a more functional upload control than the HTML one together in only a couple of hours.

If you decide to go that route, this was the most useful reference I found on the subject.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!