"Comment" under your post

Started by
6 comments, last by VanillaSnake21 17 years, 2 months ago
How do some posters have the quote or a comment or something under their every post seperated by a seperator?

You didn't come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are not a stranger here. -Alan Watts

Advertisement
That would be thier signature. You cans et your signature from the control panel of your account by choosing the 'edit profile' button from the sidebar on the left and filling out the signature box.

The seperator isn't actually included automatically but it's nice to have your signature seperated from the rest of your post somehow, so if you want that include a <hr> at the start of your signature. You can use html to add links or basic formatting to whatever you put in there. You can't however include any images, and people might get irritated if you make something that takes up too much space, so try to keep it to a few lines at most.

Lastly, if you want your signature to be included you need to check the "check here to include your profile signature" box at the bottom of the reply/posting screen before submitting the post.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Thanks a lot for the reply, i thought that it was the signature, its just that I never saw the check box to include one when I post, thats why I couldnt get to show up. Thanks Again.

You didn't come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are not a stranger here. -Alan Watts

Another question, how would I change the font/size/color of the signature. (Sorry I know its based on HTML code, but I have very little experience using it).

Quote:Original post by VanillaSnake21
Another question, how would I change the font/size/color of the signature. (Sorry I know its based on HTML code, but I have very little experience using it).

I would suggest you not to do this, depending on how you do it people may find it annoying. If you really have a good reason you could use the font tag, like:
this or this, edit my post to see how it's done.
nice ), yeah youre probably right, but if I dont use sharp colors i think its gonna be fine, what about size, transparancy , and style(like times new roman etc). Thanks.

Quote:Original post by VanillaSnake21
nice ), yeah youre probably right, but if I dont use sharp colors i think its gonna be fine, what about size, transparancy , and style(like times new roman etc). Thanks.

Google for the font HTML tag for the skinny on all the effects you can do. However, I wouldn't play around with fonts for a signature in the forums; it can be distracting to have a mishmash of colours and font styles.

For signatures, I find the small tag to work well. It can make your text tiny so it doesn't annoy other people, like so.
Thanks a lot, i wanted to get my Bible verse looking nice and cool, :) Thanks again guys.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement