• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SumeragiSubaru

General difference in performance between DirectX and DelphiX

This topic is 4162 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have some experience with DX Components in Delphi(DelphiX, Asphyre) But I have problems with, in my oppinion, very low framerate in rendering in Asphyre. Is here any "guru" who could tell me how many times is DirectX faster in 2D and basic 3D rendering than DelphiX or Asphyre for Borland Delphi?? Or how many 2D pictures can I render in my PC in DX when I have this configuration: AMD Athlon64 4200+ 1,5GB RAM ATI radeon 1600Pro(512MB) and I need frame rate about 60 or 75 fps and pictures are 128*128px or 256*256px could anyone estimate this?? thanks a lot of any answer:)

Advertisement
In general it is the application and its algorithms that give you your good or bad performance - the method of accessing the API is rarely the bottleneck.

Your hardware specification and performance requirements should be an easy match such that it reinforces what I've just said - you're almost certainly doing something wrong at a high level if you can't meet your goals.

What profiling information do you have? You're effectively blind if you don't have some sort of measurement indicating which parts are taking up the majority of your time.

hth
Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!