• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Official documentation for vertex buffer objects?

This topic is 4101 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

- Where can I find the full primary source documentation on the vertex buffer objects (VBO) extensions? I need documentation regarding using it in combination with shaders, in combination with indices, how to handle using many different vertex formats, and how to use it as a dynamic vertex buffer as opposed to a static vertex buffer - Who/which company is responsible for making/updating the VBO extension? - Do I need special installations/libs/dlls or similar to be able to run an already compiled program that uses VBOs? - Do I need extra headers/libs (outside the normal GL headers) to compile something that uses VBOs? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Quote:
- Where can I find the full primary source documentation on the vertex buffer objects (VBO) extensions?

OpenGL Extension Registry. Specifically, vertex_buffer_object.txt.
Quote:
- Who/which company is responsible for making/updating the VBO extension?

VBOs are an ARB extension to OpenGL, they are thus "controlled" by OpenGL ARB.
Quote:
- Do I need special installations/libs/dlls or similar to be able to run an already compiled program that uses VBOs?

Your existing video card drivers should support the extension.
Quote:
- Do I need extra headers/libs (outside the normal GL headers) to compile something that uses VBOs?

You probably need the "glext.h" header - downloadable from the extension registry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement