• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BeatEmUPpet

Random Problem Exporting to .x

This topic is 4238 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. I'm taking part in the development of the online pc version of a board game as a 3d artist, animator and graphic designer. I work in 3Dstudio max 8, sp3. Some of the models I've made have been exported just fine at an earlier stage, but for some unidentifiable reason do not export correctly or at all at a later stage. The changes are usually minor and merely involve adding more animations by dragging or rotating control shapes. What I discovered was that I could export these models with rigid envelopes. However, there is no logic to this, as the envelopes were not manipulated between the successful deformation envelope exports and the newer versions of the same file, only with more animations. There is one model in particular that I've got big problems with. It exports to .3ds mesh and looks fine, but as it is animated with the physique modifier, rather than skin, I can't test the animations in any other format than .x - to my knowledge. When I export to .x through pandasoft or Quest3d x exporters, this one model's vertexes are mostly where they should be, but some of them go haywire and are dragged all out of position, absolutely wrong even compared to the unanimated position. This is the model with haywire vertexes; http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/47884423/ the Kilowatt Exporter I haven't been able to export anything apart from a multimesh mapped model with no bones. Hopefully I am wrong, and someone can tell me what to do. It's well frustrating to might have to lose many hours of work. [Edited by - BeatEmUPpet on February 2, 2007 2:12:00 AM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!