• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vladic2000x

Do you need an Advanced Water Rendering Engine ?

This topic is 4322 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all. How do you think, is there a need for a serious 3D water rendering engine, which can be used for integration in current games (commercial and indie)(mostly for Windows) ? I'm not talking about a full blown "game engine", but about a specific engine, with the task to simulate and render water surfaces, of course with options on users choice. Especially if it is developed to be acceptable for all types of game developers from financial point of view (license price should not be more than 15$). This water rendering engine must simplify implementation of water surfaces and could provide the following options: - different types of water surface approximation (perlin noise, fft) - different types of underlying geometry (simple grids, continuous level of detail geometry etc.) - water surface optics simulation on users choice - customization of all this params on users choice - support for rendering on hardware lacking shaders and highly realistic implementation for latest hardware - all combined inside a "free" editor, which permit easy experimentation with the engine. Currently only Windows version is considered developed using DirectX and C++.

Advertisement
It's actually already under development, and it is estimated to complete in several months. I'm just interested about it's commercial success, and interest from developers.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!