• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
smokytide

I want to make an Interactive

This topic is 4239 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys. Though I work in 3d environment as 3d artist, I am not very close to game making,Recently I am in a trouble because I want to make an Interactive presentation or walk through where camera can be moved and user can switch on or off required lights.Now the problem is I am not a programmer and i am scared to write programmes.Is there any programme or software by which I can do simple interactive 3d world?I use Maya,Zbrush,Mentalray,Realflow ,Apple shake etc but none of them are capable of making interactive thing.I know about shock wave but I want very good rendering so I need something. Can anyone please show me the way or tell me the software name ,I need help guys.

Advertisement
To start in game development, you will want to start on much easier things to learn from; start with simple text based programs, move your way up to simple 2 dimensional games, and onto more difficult projects.
For more information, refer to here.

I believe there are programs around that can do something a bit like that, but I can't remember any names right now. Besides, you say you want very good rendering, and what I've seen was fairly basic.

Perhaps the best you'll find is an existing game. If you want to walk around your work, see if you can import it into an fps game. Just pick up any fairly new game that comes with editing tools and see what can be done. I should warn you though, you may have to jump through quite a few hoops to get anything into a game, let alone looking good and running fast.

And don't be scared of programming. People make it sound hard because they want to sound smart and, um, because it's pretty hard. Seriously, if you don't have time to learn it, fine, but there's nothing to be scared of. I've met people who refuse to open a config file and change a value, no matter how clearly I explain what to do in step by step instructions. That's just plain irrational fear.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!