• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rikardo

Starting a team

This topic is 4236 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! My name is Rikard (Richard) and I have a little less than a year experience of C++ and just a few months of OpenGL. My idéa now is to start a team with people that are not experts in game programming in a team but has a very high ambition of it. The Team Concept: First of all the team needs members, I have no limit on how many it can be, but perhaps 10 as max would fit well. Then we have the different types of members and those could be, C++ and OpenGL programmer, Modeller, Music and Sound composer and so on. But for now and a while ahed it will only be nessecary with C++ and OpenGL programmers, later on we will find the others. So the concept of this "team thing" is to create a team that have very high ambitions of game programming. The most important things to get into my team is that you have the following qualities: (1) Some experience of C++ and OpenGL. (2) High ambitions of game programming. (3) Patience, loyality and a positive attitude to make the team a sweet place for all members. How we work: I think its neccesary to bring up this topic so you could get a little insight in how we will work. Well the personal contact can be done over ICQ or MSN and all members in the team will keep the contact via IRC. We will have smaller and bigger goals to set up when we start the team, but in the beginning we will only work in 2D and create some more easy stuff in order to tighten the team's ability to actually work as a team. And all projects that we start will be careful documented and planned so we togheter can split up all the programming tasks that need to be done and then collect and compile the projects. Good to know: To work in a team is not always so easy, especially when the most of us will be in quite different levels. Thats why we will begin with some easier stuff just to make it able to work as one team and not just individually, as one strong team we will probably be able to establish some very good results. So if you are interested in starting a team or having any questions about it, please contact me at rikardhassel@hotmail.com With best regards! Rikard

Advertisement
we have did some some time ago, started a team of beginners, setup forum, irc etc. but now we are dead(anyway it was a very good and funy experience:). hope you get it longer than we, good luck :p !

Thank you!

For the moment it is 4 C++ And OpenGL programmers in, if feel peckish to join you could send me a mail and tell me about yourself.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!