• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SilentSno

OpenGL 2 Fullscreen displays on single video card

This topic is 4239 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm in need of some help. I've tried searching and there are similar problems but generally more advanced, say 6 displays and 2,3, or 4 video cards. I need to run opengl preferbly in the same application with 2 displays in fullscreen. They are on the same video card (Nvidia 7 series) and currently set to extend mode. I'm currently using glut for simplicity and multiplatform, but I'm not required to stay in it. If i create the two windows in glut and go fullscreen, they both no matter what will only display on the primary display. If i create one large window with viewports/subwindows ex. 2560x1024 and tell glut to go fullscreen it reverts the the primary display at 1280x1024. glutgamemode does the same as well. If I must use the windows wgl functions to create my windows and contexts then I can, but I'd like some advice from the veterans out there. Thanks. [Edited by - SilentSno on February 14, 2007 12:10:20 PM]

Advertisement
Just a followup to what I did.

I removed all the glut code and implemented the windows code for window creating along with the OGL contexts, etc.

I was able to create my dual screen view 2560x1024 but only in a windowed mode, which is fine because I used a WS_POPUP style to remove the windows controls around it. This isn't a high performance graphics app, so I'm ok.

Their might be better ways, but I'm on a tight time limit. I'd figure I'd post this in case others have similar problems.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!