Share in my joy!

Started by
12 comments, last by zedz 17 years, 1 month ago
Woohoo! I landed a summer internship with Merrill Lynch as a Technology Analyst. I'm really excited, and the pay is awesome! It sounds like they do a lot of cool stuff with their interns too, so I can't wait! Anyways, i'm just extremely excited, and figured i'd share the happiness with gaemdev. ;)
[Piebert Entertainment] [Ask The All-Knowing Oracle A Question]------------------------------------------------------------GDSFUBY GameDev Society For UnBanning YodaTheCodaIf you want to see yoda unbanned then put this in your sig ------------------------------------------------------------DAIAGA Dave Astle is a God Association. To join, put this in your sig!Founder and High Priest of DAIAGA[edited by - YodaTheCoda on December 10, 2003 1:57:54 PM]
Advertisement
Cool.

(I landed a summer co-op job (like an internship) with Shell (the oil and gas company). It means I get to move to another city for 4 months, but it should prove to be interesting).
Congrats!!

I have a 6 month co-op job with AMD/ATI working with HDTV equipment. I start in April and I can't wait.
sweet, im just about to score a job grading apples
I start my job teaching beginners' computer courses at a university on Monday!
Quote:Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
Cool! Gaemdevvers *ARE* successful after all! This really turned out to be the ideal situation for me.. the office that I will be at is ~25 mins from my house, so I don't have to go to New York. In addition, they are paying me the equivalent of $60,000/year for 10 weeks (1150/week) plus a $2,000 bonus housing stipend. I can't believe that an internship can be so well paid. I mean, honestly, I would have taken the opportunity for half of that, since I would love to work there for a career.
[Piebert Entertainment] [Ask The All-Knowing Oracle A Question]------------------------------------------------------------GDSFUBY GameDev Society For UnBanning YodaTheCodaIf you want to see yoda unbanned then put this in your sig ------------------------------------------------------------DAIAGA Dave Astle is a God Association. To join, put this in your sig!Founder and High Priest of DAIAGA[edited by - YodaTheCoda on December 10, 2003 1:57:54 PM]
I've been working for Mere Mortals for over 6 months as a uni placement [smile]

Ah the fun!
Adventures of a Pro & Hobby Games Programmer - http://neilo-gd.blogspot.com/Twitter - http://twitter.com/neilogd
Wow, you all have cool jobs. I have a job working with a company that moves offices around Microsoft. just unplugging computers for half the day and plugging them back in. 2 weeks ago I worked a 7 day week with ~13hrs. each day.
............Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
Quote:Original post by lethalhamster
Wow, you all have cool jobs. I have a job working with a company that moves offices around Microsoft. just unplugging computers for half the day and plugging them back in. 2 weeks ago I worked a 7 day week with ~13hrs. each day.

In some ways I envy you. I haven't even seen the Microsoft Campus. I have heard it is quite amazing...
Quote:Original post by lethalhamster

Dude, you guys are great! I loved how when offices got moved, it happened magically. One day I was in one office, the next a different one. It was awesome.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement