a tutorial collection site

Started by
5 comments, last by ramy 17 years, 1 month ago
hello everybody, I have came across an idea, which runs somewhere on having a site which has all links to tutorials that are game development related. Instead of looking on Google or here or other places. Cause sometimes there r tutorials that posted online. What you guys think? I am about to put some money into this, but first I thought of asking you guys first? what you think?
Advertisement
Great.
Why not put it in wiki format.
Check out Wiki books.

I remember blender team having started such an initiative. Check out this link.
++ My::Game ++
would be good if you kept the site updated, put them in different categories and make it searchable
well i thought of the site owners (who wrote the tutorials) to register and post their tutorials up on the site, not to mention search and stuff.

EDIT: I thought of it as links and descriptions available per example (or tutorial), I didn't think of it as a wiki. You mean something like the blender wikibooks link you sent? Maybe there can be a wiki section for comments and further explanations on a tutorial?
What will be different on your site from 100's of others, I mean already existing ones (including this one)? There are enough sites that already do that.

Quote:Original post by ramy
I have came across an idea, which runs somewhere on having a site which has all links to tutorials that are game development related. Instead of looking on Google or here or other places.

I am curious to know, your initial post said you wanted to post "all links to tutorials" and then you say people should register and post tutorials on your site. I am not too sure about your idea regarding registration. I mean, why would an author who has already posted a tutorial on some other site come to your site, register and post the tutorial there? Oh yes you could very well encourage authors for new tutorials, and some of them might even post older and newer ones, but that won't be certainly "all links to tutorials". Forgive me for misinterpreting your post, but I initially thought that yours would be a site where you could find links to all (comprehensive list of links like the wiki books link) game tutorials. That won't be a bad idea at all.
++ My::Game ++
Yes thats what i meant. But instead of me going around all authors and taking their tutorials to link on my site, I thought of a free registration section in the site where the author can log in and post his/her tutorials. Cause there will be allot of authors having 'lots' of tutorials to post. I wouldn't cope at synchronizing all tutorials for all authors. I hope that explains the role of registration in the site. :S

Basically the meaning of this site, initially is to have a HUGE list of tutorials for game development. Making it easy on users to find what they need in a short period of time free of charge.
any other ideas what people thing about it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement