Can a Game Designer become a Game Producer?

Started by
5 comments, last by JohnBolton 17 years, 1 month ago
Because I would really like to be one ^^
Advertisement
probably with enough education and training
Sure, it's not much of a leap. The real question is whether you can become a game designer.
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
Sure, it's not much of a leap. The real question is whether you can become a game designer.

Yup Im up for it I have many ideas for my game and Im taking some classes that can make me on that rank.
Having ideas is nothing. Are they good ideas, and can you accurately and clearly communicate them to the rest of a 40-person team?

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Read this, then ask yourself if you really understand what game design entails (and consider the fact that the word "idea" appears only once in the Wikipedia article on game design).
There is absolutely no better source of information about becoming a game designer than here: Sloperama: Games 101
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement