Revenge of the round

Started by
5 comments, last by Aiursrage 17 years, 1 month ago
I am working on an epic third person shooter [story] The world of sphere has been destroyed by the Blocks, an evil empire that hates every curved surface in the solar system. You are Radi Eye the last of the rounds, and one angry shape. But I am getting ahead of myself again, it all starts seven shapes ago, on trapizod seven... [/story] No fancy animation here, just men, men composed of blocks. They dont rotate, they translate! Not skeletal animation, Blockomation! ->When an enemy unit dies it will drop an energy block (think Lost planet). ->Some enemies can only be hurt in a certain blocks (Lost Planet). ->You need to need special glowing blocks to open blocked passages ->When a unit dies it explodes into... you guessed it, blocks. ->The hero will be composed of blocks that are slighty more round. His mission is to kick some block I am looking for more inane things to add.
I dream hard of helping people.
Advertisement
It should feature an epic subplot revolving around circle-strafing and the mathematical significance of pi.

Perhaps the block overlord can be taken down by exposing him to the irrationality of the repeating decimal?
::FDL::The world will never be the same
Will your character be able to block attacks?
What are blocks doing about things like: Stars, orbits, and other things like that?
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Damn, i know there must be more inane things, but I've got writer's block.
Maybe he'll end up beating the blocks in a roundabout way?
Okay I am trying to tie in concepts from three different games.

Gears of War -
>The pop and stop cover system

Bullet Witch -
>a useless magic system, attempting to make the UI even more terrible
>'wallnut heads'

Lost Planet -
>as already mentioned, energy suit, only damageable in certain blocks

I am not sure if these can be blended together. If you have an energy suit there is no reason to pop and stop.
I dream hard of helping people.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement