Sign in to follow this  
gdunbar

Developer Blog

Hey all, As my indie RPG project approaches the point where I could at least publicly discuss it, show early screenshots, etc, I'm planning to start a dev blog. I figure at this point I can't expect too much interest but later, when interest in my game reaches a fevered pitch :-), I'd like to have a place to interact with potential customers who are interested in the nitty-gritty design and techical issues. Seems like both a good way to get feedback and do a little marketing. My questions to you guys: * Where would you advise hosting said blog? I already have my own website but I'm not interested in trying to run my own blogging software. (Don't want web admin to cut into my real dev time). What are the pros and cons of various blogging sites, especially as it relates to running a game dev blog? * Any dev blogs that you can point at as being really good? I know the basics of blogging but I've only dabbled in it to this point, so any (good) advice is welcome. Thanks, Geoff

I use Wordpress to run my website and my blog here and there isn't any additional admin. In fact there isn't much admin at all. Its set up and apart from updates I don't mess with it. If you really don't even want that much extra work then Wordpress.com host blogs for free.