[.net] How to learn ASP.NET?

Started by
4 comments, last by capn_midnight 17 years, 1 month ago
Can I use just the C# EE or do I need to use the Web Developer Studio? Also, is there a particular site that's good at teaching ASP.NET from the ground up or is w3schools just fine?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/

check out that site.......i just wanted to learn some basic stuff and get some ASP pages up on my site.....but that site was helpful
Anyone have a suggestion?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

You're going to need the Visual Web Developer, since it comes with a small ASP.NET test webserver that is automatically started when you run your project from inside the IDE.

From my experience with w3schools, they only give some basic information about whatever they're trying to teach, there is often alot of information left out.

You could start with some of the quickstart tutorials on the MSDN site, there are also quite a few resources on MSDN.
I do my ASP development with my Visual Studio Professional, and I've found coding the .net variant isn't much different from making normal form applications so I just read cookbook style articles.
Quote:Original post by eedok
I do my ASP development with my Visual Studio Professional, and I've found coding the .net variant isn't much different from making normal form applications so I just read cookbook style articles.

Yeah, there are a couple of things here and there that are different, like maintaining Session state, but mostly it's just like coding WinForms apps. Take some time to fiddle around in VS Web Dev before looking for articles on specific subject. 4guysfromrolla also has some good articles on setting up ASP.NET memberships, which I highly endorse as an excellent way to get up and running in practically no time flat.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement