Sign in to follow this  
ankhd

Help needed on instantiate abstract class(ID3DXAllocateHierarchy)

ankhd    2304
Hi all, the following class came from a tut and when I use it I keep getting the error cannot instantiate abstract class. could some one show me what the class needs to be able to use it like this CMeshHeirarchy Mh;//this is what I need to be able to do class CMeshHeirarchy : public ID3DXAllocateHierarchy { public: // The format of these interfaces is defined by D3DXLoadMeshHierarchyFromX // callback to create a D3DXFRAME derived object and initialize it STDMETHOD( CreateFrame )( THIS_ LPCSTR Name, LPD3DXFRAME *ppNewFrame ); // callback to create a D3DXMESHCONTAINER derived object and initialise it STDMETHOD( CreateMeshContainer )( THIS_ LPCSTR Name, CONST D3DXMESHDATA * pMeshData, CONST D3DXMATERIAL * pMaterials, CONST D3DXEFFECTINSTANCE * pEffectInstances, DWORD NumMaterials, CONST DWORD * pAdjacency, LPD3DXSKININFO pSkinInfo, LPD3DXMESHCONTAINER * ppNewMeshContainer ); // callback to release a D3DXFRAME derived object STDMETHOD( DestroyFrame )( THIS_ LPD3DXFRAME pFrameToFree ); // callback to release a D3DXMESHCONTAINER derived object STDMETHOD( DestroyMeshContainer )( THIS_ LPD3DXMESHCONTAINER pMeshContainerToFree ); };

Evil Steve    2017
The error message will tell you what functions are missing. For a start you're missing the IUnknown methods AddRef(), Release() and QueryInterface().

Why are you doing this anyway? Is it to intercept the mesh calls?

ankhd    2304
Yes Im doing this so I can load in mesh and other things in One Big .X file file.
I found the error the tut that had the class def. one of the function prototypes was wrong so it was saying it was still a abstract class dame this took 3 hours to find how dumb am I.
thanks anyway