Sign in to follow this  
CmpDev

Source files generated by visio.

CmpDev    100
I'm using Visio for enterprise architects and have created UML's for an application which a team is now coding, the source files for which have been generated by Visio. The source compiles fine in visual studio 2005, but some of the team are also using visual studio 2003 pro and the code will not compile on this version. The errors start of like
Quote:
...error C3209: '?' : Unicode identifiers are not yet supported ... error C2014: preprocessor command must start as first nonwhite space
I am not using unicode characters so this must be the work of visio, is there an easy fix for this to get it to compile on vs2003? Thanks. I should add that I have tried searching visio help files and msdn and have not seen anything helpful.

Maxamor    361
I'm not sure if this is the exact problem, but I do know that when I've generated source files with Visio they give me really weird #defines at the top to prevent circular dependencies. You may want to try and change them to something that is human-readable and try your luck there.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
It turns out that the file format is unicode and not ansii which vs2003 will not except and when I edit the files format to be ansii it still wont have it. It seems then that we can not use the generated source files from visio :(
The header guards are wrong Maxamor, they are prefixed with double underscore which is reserved(ms should know that lol) and there is no setting to change it.