Sign in to follow this  
chadmv

cvXporter: Maya 7.0, 8.0, 8.5 .X exporter version 1.01 released!

chadmv    645
Hi there, I've updated my Maya x exporter to fix a few bugs and it's also now available for Maya 8.5. Download it here. Comments and feedback welcome. cvXporter

orphankill    122
Using Maya 8.0, when I try to load the plug-in in the plug-in manager I get: Error: The operation completed successfully.

and the plug-in doesn't load...

chadmv    645
That usually happens when you try to load a plugin compiled for a later version of maya. Are you sure you're trying to load the 8.0 version and not the 8.5 version?

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Will you add support for effects in a future release?

orphankill    122
The plugin is in the 8.0 folder, so i assume its the correct one. Also, I am using version 8.0 of Maya, but it has some build number that I don't know off the top f my head as well. Would that make a difference? I just remebered something else too: I have another .x exporter and something similar happened, and I think I had to copy a dll to system32 but I can't remeber what. Sorry for the vagueness... hope you can help.

chadmv    645
Yes I plan to add support for effects in the future. Also, about the error message loading the plugin, check out this thread:

Try grabbing those dll's and see if that works.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
I got it to work, but it exports tiny files, like I had a 1000tri plant with skinning, and it exported only 640k, and DirectX viewer won't open it.

chadmv    645
Which version of the DX Viewer are you using? Because I know that the most recent one doesn't support it's own default shaders which are version 1_1. If you can get an older version of the DX Viewer (like Oct 2006) then it should work. In the future I want to add support for fx files so the x files are not dependent on the default shaders in the DX Viewer.

darkshape    122
Hello,

very nice exporter. Works fine in 7.0 and makes me free of my vertex-color-killer python scripts ;-)

but there is one point i miss:
when using multiple uv-maps, the cvXporter only exports the first map, while the microsoft one (whichs slows down the whole system after loading...) exports all my uv-sets.

will there be an update soon ?

greez,
henning

btw: will the 8.5 exporter work also in the 8.5 64-bit edition ?

chadmv    645
Thanks for the feedback. I'll work on updating the plugin to support multiple uv sets. I'll also need to compile a version for 64 bit. They should be up in the next couple of weeks.

vasilicom    122
Hi,

Did Anyone export skinned character animation from Maya8.0 or 8.5?

I think the problem is when on one joint are attached two or more joint.

when I exporting skinned model without branching joints hierarchy (all attached one by one) it's ok

teufel    122
Hi everybody,

I also got problem with exporting a skinned animation.
I found that animations that simply consist of translation, rotation, and scaling is exported fine.
But for skeletal animation, it only exports the model by the pose at the frame when exporting, the model doesn't animates as in maya. It won't work even the bone is attached one by one.
I tried to modify the vertices directly but found that the vertex change couldn't be exported, either. I thought if I cound preserve the skeletal animation even when the skeleten is deleted, I cound make a series of poses with skeleton, and then delete the skeleten and export it as usual, but since the vertex change won't be exported either...

anyone plz give some instruction? I'll need to make my model animated in x file next week...