cvXporter: Maya 7.0, 8.0, 8.5 .X exporter version 1.01 released!

Started by
13 comments, last by teufel 16 years, 11 months ago
Hi there, I've updated my Maya x exporter to fix a few bugs and it's also now available for Maya 8.5. Download it here. Comments and feedback welcome. cvXporter
Advertisement
Using Maya 8.0, when I try to load the plug-in in the plug-in manager I get: Error: The operation completed successfully.

and the plug-in doesn't load...
That usually happens when you try to load a plugin compiled for a later version of maya. Are you sure you're trying to load the 8.0 version and not the 8.5 version?
Will you add support for effects in a future release?
The plugin is in the 8.0 folder, so i assume its the correct one. Also, I am using version 8.0 of Maya, but it has some build number that I don't know off the top f my head as well. Would that make a difference? I just remebered something else too: I have another .x exporter and something similar happened, and I think I had to copy a dll to system32 but I can't remeber what. Sorry for the vagueness... hope you can help.
Yes I plan to add support for effects in the future. Also, about the error message loading the plugin, check out this thread:

Try grabbing those dll's and see if that works.
I downloaded and copied them all over and it still didn't work!
thanks man for sharing this exporter, and hope the the moderators stick this post if the exporter really works fine (haven't tried it yet)
I haven't received any other problem reports besides the one above. Anyone else having problems?
I got it to work, but it exports tiny files, like I had a 1000tri plant with skinning, and it exported only 640k, and DirectX viewer won't open it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement