windowed mode

Started by
1 comment, last by ELFanatic 17 years, 1 month ago
Some reason, when I am in windowed mode, if I move the window beyond the screen to the left DirectX redraws everything so that it doesn't leave the screen, which is what it should do, but it doesn't have this problem if I move it to the right or to the bottom. The window goes off screen but the images inside the window refuse to. Does this make sense? I don't believe the problem is in my render function. So I'm not sure where it's rooting in. Ask for any pieces of code you think may help.
Advertisement
I'm having a hard time understanding what you're asking could you elaborate?

-Devin
I think pictures would explain better.

Okay, so this is what the picture looks like in the middle of the screen. The picture itself is irrevelent.

Now I move it to the right (or bottom) and it looks normal. It's what you'd expect, the right side is clipped off.

but when I move it to the left, the right side of the picture is clipped off again. I'd like to fix it so that the side that is off screen is the side that is clipped from the picture.

I'm not sure if it's relevent but I'm using the ID3DXSprite helper class. I'm not sure where the problem is. As I said before, I don't think it's my render routine but I'll post any code anyone wants to see.

Oh, something weird that I've noticed. As I drag it to the left it's okay but when I release the mouse button it redraws with this weird clipping. BUT the entire time I'm moving the window back onto screen from the left it acts weird like this. Some reason it's normal when dragging it out of screen to the left until I let go.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement