• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Direct3D 10 initialisation problem

This topic is 4009 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, dunno if there'll be a lot of support about DX10 right now... but let's try ;) I've posted this on msdn forums already but it doesnt seem to score a lot of replies over there... so here is my problem : I'm running Feb2007 DXSDK D3D10 samples (binaries) under Windows Vista without any problem. Opening the D3D10 tutorials and samples projects with VS2005 is ok too and compilation & link both work well. When trying to run the projects I just compiled, however, I cannot create a device. With samples as with tutorials, I get this exception : _com_error at memory location 0x0012f320 which comes from the call to DXUT_Dynamic_D3D10CreateDevice(), failing either with the D3D10_DRIVER_TYPE_HARDWARE type coming from DXUTFindValidDeviceSettings(), or with the D3D10_DRIVER_TYPE_REFERENCE type also tried by the "tutorial" projects. (At first I had a d3dx10d.dll not found problem with the tutorials but I think I managed that now... at least I hope so...) Still I can't figure out why unmodified sample code won't work when binaries obviously do :( many thanks for your help. Config : Proc : Core2Duo 6600 OS : Windows Vista Family Premium GC : 8800 GTX nVidia drivers : Forceware 100.65 Visual Studio 2005 sp1

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement