• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
glJack

OpenGL OpenGL default texture image

This topic is 4152 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everybody. Does OpenGL spec say something about default texture images of 0'th texture object ??

Advertisement
im sure it does, but exactly what u will have to check out the spec.
u can also alter the default texture yourself (often used before opengl1.1)

Guest Anonymous Poster
zedz, thank you for the reply.

I asked because when I run my program on nVidia and ATI hardware, I see that their opengl drivers initialize 0'th texture object image with solid black color (alpha = 1.0). But when I run the same program on Intel GMA 950 I get RGBA garbage, often with alpha equal to 0.

I searched the spec, and everything i found was: "default texture object contains data which had been defined upon OpenGL initialization", but spec doesn't say anything about whether gl driver has to init default texture with some data, or doesn't.

I can set 0'th texture object data myself. But I am curios, whether it is legal to rely on 0'th texture object as on a initialized texture object (with some definite data).

I searched through all the spec and couldn't find anything about 0'th texture object initial data. Does anybody know where this kind of information can be found??

zedz, thank you for the reply.

I asked because when I run my program on nVidia and ATI hardware, I see that their opengl drivers initialize 0'th texture object image with solid black color (alpha = 1.0). But when I run the same program on Intel GMA 950 I get RGBA garbage, often with alpha equal to 0.

I searched the spec, and everything i found was: "default texture object contains data which had been defined upon OpenGL initialization", but spec doesn't say anything about whether gl driver has to init default texture with some data, or doesn't.

I can set 0'th texture object data myself. But I am curios, whether it is legal to rely on 0'th texture object as on a initialized texture object (with some definite data).

I searched through all the spec and couldn't find anything about 0'th texture object initial data. Does anybody know where this kind of information can be found??

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!