Sign in to follow this  
kratos

Rendering to multiple views with DirectX

hi all, I am making a 3d editor kinda application, for that i have to implement multiple view ports using directX. so i came up with this example http://www.fairyengine.com/articles/dxmultiviews.htm but when i compiled the given files it shows errors, its not working, i am using visual studio 2005. if anyone can address this problem, will be very helpful.

1.error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMainFrame::* )(BOOL,HTASK)' to 'void (__thiscall CWnd::* )(BOOL,DWORD)'

2.error C2664: 'CWnd::OnActivateApp' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'HTASK' to 'DWORD'

3.Cannot open include file: 'strstrea.h': No such file or directory

4.and lots of warnings

I know i doubt may be silly but i am not able to move further,

please help

It looks like environment doesn't know HTASK data type, and there is no file 'strstrea.h'. About the first two errors, you can try following

#define HTASK DWORD

File 'strstrea.h' must be a part of VS includes. So you must have it. I think that you need it to compile project :(

Hi there, can't you just make camers, or is this so you can render a view with wire frames, in that case Have no Idea.
Looks good the works so far, keep up the good work

This is a simple rundown of how to get multiple views in Direct3D.
You could render to multiple panels and use swapchains to render to these different panels.

Just drop a couple of panels, let's say 4 on a form and then create a swap chain for each of these panels.
Render away.

I have done a similar sample and it works beautifuly, If I stumble upon the code, i'd be happy to share it with you.

I hope this helps.
take care.

finally i learned the multiple viewport thing from this example

http://www.moon-labs.com/ml_resources.htm

this is simple, i can understand now how to create the multiple view port using swapchains in mfc.

now i am working on MDI, i hope it would be similar to sdi only!

thanks all