Sign in to follow this  
coolshamim

Game Architecture

Hi guys/gal I am going to start my project which comprises of following components 1. Instructor console ( to create , load , execute and manage different game exercise for training purpose) 2 Hardware/ physical consoles like steering brakes etc to control the movement of vehicle like car on visual screen 3 One thing to add i have to split the visual scene on all 10 monitors to make a big crisp contious output to cover an angle of about 180 degree the overall scenario is that we have physical interface to give the actual enviornment to the student, using this physical interface (steering , brake etc) the students can control its car. the ouput will be displayed at the visual screens. the different level of exercise can be created by the the instructor through his instructor screen. this instructor screen wil be used to view , modify the exercise the at runtime as well Can anybody give me the idea what wil be the architecture of this game. how to start this project. its my first experience to work on such type of equipment simulator........any useful link or reference to book will be help ful for me thx in advance

Guest Anonymous Poster
www.google.com

I don't think you'll find a specific book. Look on amazon or your choice of book sites for 3D Engine design books.

I can't really speak on the first two components, because I don't know which hardware you are using (does it come with drivers? Can it be used through DirectInput or some other Win32 apis?)

Quote:
Original post by coolshamim
3 One thing to add i have to split the visual scene on all 10 monitors to make a big crisp contious output to cover an angle of about 180 degree

This is pretty challenging. One PC alone cannot power 10 monitors (maybe with 5 dual-monitor PC cards, but that is very unrealistic [wink]). I know that there are some flightsim guys out there that do things like this, and they use multiple machines, each one driving a few monitors.

Obviously, the challenge is getting each of these machines to render what they are supposed to. It would probably be easiest if there was a head server machine wich all the others connected to. This server would then tell where the car is, what map, other state, ect.

This adds a lot of complexity to the application, and it's no small undertaking (although not impossible). You aren't going to find things about this in any book on the shelves, though.

Quote:

3 One thing to add i have to split the visual scene on all 10 monitors to make a big crisp contious output to cover an angle of about 180 degree

I work at a place called A.C.E.S in the Mall of America. We do WW2 flight simulations and we also do F-18 Fighter Jet simulations with the Jet Simulations we have 4 monitors per computer although they are not all for displaying the same thing, one monitor displays the actual flight (what the guest is viewing in the simulator) another displays the instrument panel, and another shows the software for the motion bases. I don't know about how you could go about getting it to spread the display across all 10 screens.

Guest Anonymous Poster
thx guys for your reply
EvilCloneVlad, can you please let me know whichs graphics card you have used.
secondly which technique you have used to present to different displays on different monitors

thx guys for your reply
EvilCloneVlad, can you please let me know whichs graphics card you have used.
secondly which technique you have used to present different displays on different monitors

Hi guys

i have search a lot to find solution to generate output on 10 monitors to make a view of 240 and i have not find any proper solution for it and i am stuck right now.......... so plz anybody give me some solution to solve this problem