Sign in to follow this  
Shiran

glTexImage2D border problem

First of all I have an nvidia card and my writing partner has an ati card. I wanted to load textures into our game and wrote this code which recives the name of a .raw file. The size of the picture that i gave is 512*512. When i set the border to 0 in glTexImage2D we both could see the texture but there was a seam between textures (I put in a skybox). When I set the border to 1 and left everything the same including the picture I could see everything fine and the seams were gone but my partner couldn't see anything and when i looked at the error created it was that the width and height were no good. From what i understand i need the picture to be of size 2^n+2 because of the border, so i resized the picture to 514 and tried that, but then i see the picture very distorted, in black and white. When i tried to resize it to 1024 it looks fine, when i resize it to 600 it has tiny almost invisible lines going throw it. I use IrfanView to convert my pictures, and my original pictures are jpg, but I did try to convert from .bmp and that was no good either. When i try to open a .bmp with the same code i get the picture in different colors. Please help, I really want to get rid of the seams. This is the code bool loadTexture(const char* filename,int width,int height, GLuint& texture) { FILE* file = fopen( filename, "rb" ); if (file == NULL) return false; int dataSize = width*height*3; unsigned char* pixels = (unsigned char*)malloc(dataSize); if (pixels == NULL) { fclose(file); return false; } // read texture data fread(pixels,dataSize,1,file); fclose(file); glGenTextures( 1, &texture ); // select our current texture glBindTexture( GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture ); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP ); glTexParameteri (GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP ); glTexParameteri (GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri (GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR); // select modulate to mix texture with color for shading glTexEnvf( GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE ); glTexImage2D (GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB, width, height, 1, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,pixels); // free buffer free(pixels); return true; }

Guest Anonymous Poster
You don't need to use the border set it to zero and just pass your picture's width and height (512,512 in your case). Use GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE instead of GL_CLAMP:

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE );
glTexParameteri (GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE );