Sign in to follow this  
toan1982

How to detect audio device that can capture from playback and recorde device

toan1982    100
Hi all, I have Realtek HD AUdio input, a device that can capture sound from playback device and record device (such as microphone) as the same time (In recording control dialog, i will uncheck Micro Volume and Stereo mix colume). Now , i want to write an app (C or C++) to detect if a system has the device that can do as Realtek HD AUdio input or not???. So, can you help me how to do that? Many thanks for any help.

Evil Steve    2017
I doubt it's possible, since it's up to the audio driver to determine how to implement a recording device.

You might be able to do some horrible hack by playing a test sound and capturing audio at the same time, and then checking if the captured audio matches the test sample. But that assumes that your sample is the only sample playing - which won't be the case if the user has Winamp going, has a user sign into MSN, etc.

Why do you need to do this anyway? It should be up to the user to chose a recording device.

toan1982    100
Thanks Evil Steve,

I just only want to know a system have an audio input that same as Realtek HD Audio Input or not!!!

If you have a Realtek audio input, and you are using XP then you can see in Recording Control (Open Volume->Property->Chose Realtek HD AUdio input in Mixer device) then you can see have 4 colume are: Recoding, Line Volume, Mic Volume and Stereo Mix). I am weathering how Windows can show these capibility in Recording Control??? What APIs windows were used to show these and can you help me show these APIs?

Thanks for your help.