Koverdo 3d-2d shooter with source

Started by
5 comments, last by Black Knight 17 years, 1 month ago
Hey, This is my 3d-2d shooter for a game contest. I was an opengl guy but i wanted to learn d3d so i started programming this. It has a height map which you can fly over and shoot factories. All objects are simple billboards. I have added the source code in case someone wants to play with it. I plan to add sounds and music to it if i ever got time from work and school. So what do you think? [EDIT] I forgot to post the link :) Download [Edited by - Black Knight on May 12, 2007 2:40:17 PM]
Advertisement
bump.
What version of the directX SDK are you using? Are you linking with the debug version or something? I get failed to start d3dx9_30.dll. I dont have the directX SDK installed.
Hmmm.I used august and december.
And I guess I forgot the setting at debug lol.
Letme fix that.
I ran your program, but encountered some technical problems. The framerate was only about 5 FPS; I suppose this could be due to a problem with my system, but I'm not sure what that might be (the card is a GeForce3).

Also, it appears that alpha blending/testing occasionally gets turned off for a few frames (the trees/factories briefly appear as quads with a white background).

Nice idea though - destroying factories to save the environment :)

Anyway, I hope these notes will be of some use to you...
Hmm ok now for the first problem i guess d3dx9_30.dll is for D3DX functions which are not part of the d3d9 download u get from microsofts site.So you need to get them manually.

http://members.gamedev.net/jhoxley/directx/DirectXForumFAQ.htm#FAQ_Redist

As for running slow on a gforce3 its pretty normal.The game is not optimized at all.The whole terrain is one big mesh.No quadtree or any sort of LoD.I only did frustum culling for objects.
It runs good on my spec core2duo e6300 gforce7600gt.
The dlls can be downloaded from here.
http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/d3dx_dlls.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement