Sign in to follow this  
Xtlk

Project 56: Universal Expansion

Hey, this is just a game idea that I came up with. I hope you find it interesting and give your feedback. P56 is set in the somewhat near future, 22nd to 23rd century, where Earth has become inhabitable through pollution, increase of earthquakes/tsunamis, and heavy cloud layer. It is an rts styled game where humans have sent an expedition to a nearby planet(not yet specified) to see if it's possible to colonize. The main goal is to build outposts and collect resources for the few existing cities, at least early in the game. You play as a commander of one of these outposts. The player uses mech-styled units to explore and mine resource nodes. In the first couple of episodes the player is attacked by dog-like creatures native to the planet. As humans spread further outward they are attacked by more and more types of creatures trying to defend their land. I'm trying to make it more realistic as of why they are being attacked and what the creature look like(more earth-like creatures, not big hulking four-armed space beasts). Your units can be upgraded for defense and offense as you progress and you will eventually have to defend large cities themselves. I hope for ideas that will make it seem slightly more original (as of it doesn't at the moment) and interesting. Please note that it is in the very beginning stages but I will answer what questions I can.

It sounds like it could be an interesting idea. However it also sounds like you thought it out as you typed. Not in that it was bad, so much as that it was brief, succinct, pert. You need to expand more on your various ideas, figure out which ones are most important and emphasize these. You need to separate gameplay and story. You should work out some more details. As it is, there isn't much to comment on. Story wise its feasible, gameplay wise the same. Until you expand more on these it will be pretty hard to give you anything other than general pointers.